The Department of English is in regular contact with departments of English at various universities and institutes around the world. We collaborate with the University of Zagreb in Croatia, the Universities of Graz and Vienna in Austria, the Universities of Munich, Heidelberg, Mainz and Leipzig in Germany, the University of Amsterdam, Leiden University and the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands, the University of Copenhagen, the University of Stockholm, and various universities in the UK (University College London, Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh) and universities in the US (among them, the University of California, the University of Maine at Augusta).
In addition, the Department of English has close ties with English departments at the University of Udine (Italy) and the University of Klagenfurt (Austria). Members of our English departments meet at conferences, which are organised regularly and hosted by one of the three universities. At these conferences, scholars are given a chance to introduce their latest research.
The Department of English welcomes exchange students and appreciates the diversity they bring to the learning process. The Department participates actively in the Erasmus programme as well as in other partnership schemes.
If you are considering a stay with our Department, useful information about practicalities (such as application procedures, accommodation, and health insurance) can be found on the following websites:
IMPORTANT: In order to apply for an exchange, you will need to submit a learning agreement listing the courses you would like to take. When making your selection, please follow the suggested guidelines and course calendar:
Please be aware that one cannot take only a single course within a module. All courses within the module need to be completed in order to receive credit points.
2) Courses at the Department of English are intended for students coming to Ljubljana through a Learning Agreement signed between Departments of English.
3) Erasmus students from other departments are limited to one course at the English Department (subject to space and availability)
(Note that if you study English and History, and come to Ljubljana through a History Department exchange, your courses at the English Department will be limited).
4) There is a Language in Use II INT course for Erasmus students; it is offered in the summer semester.
5) Please be aware when choosing courses that some courses in different departments share the same name (double check that you are looking at the Department of English rather than the Department of Translation course).
Course calendar: a list of all the courses is available here. On page 8 we added the courses which are similar in name but are taught at the Department of Translation.
For all inquiries please refer to the international exchanges coordinator Jason Blake.
- Stefan Stojkoski, Representative of the Student Council of the Faculty of Arts (FF.email@example.com).
- Emina Neslanović, Tutor Coordinator and Representative of the Student Organization of the Faculty of Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Special status students
- Frančiška Lipovšek, Coordinator for special status students
1st level (BA) programmes:
- English: Single-Subject Study Programme (BA)
- English: Double-Subject Study Programme (BA)
2nd level (MA) programmes:
- English: Double-Subject Pedagogical (MA)
- English: Single-Subject Pedagogical (MA)
- English: Double-Subject Non-Pedagogical (MA)
- English: Single-Subject Non-Pedagogical (MA)
You might find interesting the brochure prepared by our students: English Studies Exchange.