Asst. Prof. Nagisa Moritoki Škof
Dr Nagisa Moritoki Škof is Assistant Professor of Japanese Studies at the Department of Asian Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Her research interests include Japanese linguistics, language teaching, corpus linguistics, language policy and special needs education. She is currently working on a curriculum for Japanese language teacher training for non-native speakers. She collaborates with researchers in Central Europe and Japan on various topics related to linguistics and language education and has lectured in Japan, Croatia, Poland, Turkey, etc. She is also an external researcher of the National Institute of Japanese Language and Linguistics (2017-2021, 2023- ) and the University of Tsukuba, Chair of the Association of Teachers of Japanese in Europe (2020-2023), Chair of the Global Network for Japanese Language Education (2020-).
- Ph.D., General Linguistics, Unviersity of Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2010.
- M.A., Regional Studies, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 1993.
- B. A., Japanology, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 1991
- Japanese text-linguistics: an area that analyzes the structure and syntax of the Japanese text.
- Reading comprehension: an area that examines how native speakers, Japanese learners, and people with difficulties in reading and writing read texts and the processes of comprehending.
- Literature research from the perspective of Japanese text-linguistics: a field that studies reading comprehension of literature based on syntax and linguistics theory.
MORITOKI ŠKOF, Nagisa. A comparative corpus-based content analysis of head of government addresses in response to the Covid-19 pandemic : Japan and western countries. Acta linguistica asiatica. 2021, vol. 11, no. 2, str. 9-32.
MORITOKI ŠKOF, Nagisa. Hikanjikei jokyu gakushusha no dokkai konnanten : dai4sho. V: NODA, Hisashi (ur.). Nihongo gakushusha no dokkai katei = Reading process of learners of Japanese. Tokyo: Koko shuppan: = Coco Publishing, cop. 2020. Str. 63- 81.
MORITOKI ŠKOF, Nagisa. The impact of a short exchange program on language learning and intercultural understanding. V: RUTAR, Sonja (ur.), et al. Vidiki internacionalizacije in kakovosti v visokem šolstvu = Perspectives of internationalisation and quality in higher education.. Koper: Založba Univerze na Primorskem, 2017, str. 109-125.
MORITOKI ŠKOF, Nagisa. Zavedanje o problemu disleksije med učitelji japonskega jezika. CULIBERG, Luka (ur.), PETROVČIČ, Mateja (ur.). Na stičišču mnogoterih svetov : azijske študije v Sloveniji, (Zbirka Razprave FF), 2016, str. 207-222.
MORITOKI ŠKOF, Nagisa. Japanese language education and dyslexia : on the necessity of dyslexia research. Acta linguistica asiatica, 2015, vol. 5, no. 1, str. 71-83.